What is School House Health?
School House Health provides primary health services for students in Bibb County Public Schools and is staffed by trained healthcare professionals that care for your child during school hours.
Services Provided by School House Health:
- Nursing diagnosis & treatment of acute illness or injury
- Referrals for illnesses not suitable for diagnosis or treatment in the school clinic
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Over the counter medication administration
- Nutrition education
- Weight reduction programs
- Assist in managing Diabetes, Asthma, Sickle Cell, & other chronic illnesses in the school setting
- Assist Bibb County Health Department with annual Flu Vaccine administration
- Parental/parent education
- Staff training
- Addressing health concerns in the school setting, keeping students at school & parents at work
How do students utilize School House Health Nurses?
The School House Health clinic days vary from school to school. Students and parents can contact your school’s office for clinic days & hours so we can better serve you & your child!
Ways a School House Health Benefits the School:
- Improves student attendance
School nurses improve attendance through health promotion, disease prevention and disease management. Increased attendance means increased learning!
- Saves time
School nurses save time for principals, teachers, and staff by addressing the health concerns of students.
- Staff Wellness
School nurses improve the general health of the school staff.Accountability
School nurses help schools stay accountable & provides up to date federal and state laws in children’s healthcare in the school setting.
As a service of Children’s Hospital Navicent Health, school nurses are trained to identify health risks and be a community resource for children in the school system.
For more information about School House Health visit www.bcsdk12.net or contact your school’s office.