Making a Difference in Children’s Lives
Beverly Knight Olson Children’s Hospital, Navicent Health, located in Macon, Georgia is the only dedicated pediatric hospital in central and south Georgia. At Beverly Knight Olson Children’s Hospital, Navicent Health, infants, children and teens have access to the clinical expertise and compassionate personalized attention they need in order to grow and thrive. We have more than 30 highly trained board-certified pediatric specialists in:
- Adolescent & Pediatric Medicine
- Critical Care
- Forensic Pediatrics
- Infectious Disease
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Pediatric Emergency Department
- Sports Medicine
In addition, the Beverly Knight Olson Children’s Hospital has experienced teams of:
- Pediatric Surgeons who perform all types of pediatric surgeries, including leading-edge robotic surgeries and minimally invasive procedures;
- Pediatric Hospitalists who specialize in caring for hospitalized infants, children and adolescents;
- Child Life Specialists trained to help reduce the stress and anxiety that children and families often feel when hospitalized;
- Palliative Care Specialists certified to work with children and their families to promote and enhance quality of life, no matter how short life is, and to provide bereavement support; and
- Pediatric and Neonatal Transport Staff for Navicent Health’s critical care units on wheels, which have traveled more than a million miles since 1996, with each team comprised of a pediatric respiratory therapist, emergency medical technician and pediatric critical care nurse.
- Children’s Hospital Navicent Health has gained an especially strong reputation for its top-notch neonatal intensive care unit (NNICU)—one of six Regional Referral Centers for the Perinatal System in Georgia. It is the only Level 3 NNICU in the area, where we treat more than 650 babies each year. Equally as strong is the our pediatric intensive care unit (PICU) which is one of four critical care units in Georgia and cares for more than 1100 patients each year.